To better support for MMI accepted students and their families, Marion Military Institute (MMI) Admissions has made it easier to apply for college scholarships.
Beginning in 2024, there will no longer be a separate scholarship application process. Instead, all accepted students will automatically be considered by MMI’s scholarship committee. Scholarships will be awarded based on eligibility and availability of funds.
MMI awards a variety of scholarships to students who demonstrate financial need, academic excellence, skills and experience, and residence. These scholarships are awarded by the Scholarship Committee in three rounds throughout the year. Please note that students can only receive one Institutional scholarship at a time and the number of scholarships available is limited.
There are seven different categories of Institutional scholarships at MMI: the Presidential Scholarship, the Academic Dean Scholarship, the Leadership Scholarship, the Black Belt Scholarship, the Band Scholarship, Precision Drill Team Scholarship and the Boys State/Girls State Scholarship
In addition, the Marion Military Institute Foundation also offers scholarships to qualified students attending or planning to attend MMI. Each scholarship has specific eligibility requirements, but they are typically awarded based on academic qualifications, leadership potential, community service, and financial need. The qualifications for each scholarship are as follows:
- Presidential Scholarship – This scholarship covers 75% of tuition and is awarded to students with a minimum GPA of 3.75 and an ACT score of 25.
- Academic Dean Scholarship – Awarding 50% off tuition, this scholarship requires a minimum GPA of 3.0 and an ACT score of 23.
- Leadership Scholarship – Also providing 50% off tuition, this scholarship requires a minimum GPA of 2.5, an ACT score 19, and a personal essay showcasing the student’s leadership experience.
- Black Belt Scholarship – This scholarship covers room and board for one semester and is available exclusively to residents of select counties in Alabama: Barbour, Bullock, Butler, Choctaw, Crenshaw, Dallas, Greene, Hale, Lowndes, Macon, Marengo, Montgomery, Perry, Pike, Russell, Sumter, and Wilcox.
- Band Scholarship – Students interested in this scholarship will need to try out and may receive up to full tuition coverage.
- Precision Drill Team Scholarship – Similar to the Band Scholarship, students must try out for this scholarship, which provides 50% off tuition.
- Boys State/ Girls State Scholarship – 50% off tuition. (Certificate of Participation required.)
Lastly, the MMI Foundation Scholarships are offered to all qualified students attending or planning to attend MMI. These scholarships have their own eligibility requirements and are typically awarded based on academic qualifications, leadership potential, community service, and financial need. These scholarships are available for both new and returning sophomore students.
Athletic Scholarships are awarded on the basis of athletic talent and performance in each NJCAA sanctioned sport: Baseball, Men’s Basketball, Men’s Cross Country, Women’s Cross Country, Softball, Men’s Tennis, Women’s Tennis, Men’s Track & Field, Women’s Track & Field
Each scholarship award is up to full tuition and fees. The student will receive textbooks for classes on an athletic book loan.
In conclusion, students who attend Marion Military Institute can apply for a variety of scholarships based on their individual qualifications. The Scholarship Committee will determine recipient selections, and awards will be given in three different rounds throughout the year. The MMI Foundation also offers scholarships to qualified students, providing additional financial aid opportunities for those attending or planning to attend the institute.
MMI encourages all students to explore the various scholarship opportunities available on their website.
To be eligible for the first round of Fall 2024 scholarship awards, it is important to submit your application by the priority deadline of February 15.
Don’t miss out on potential financial assistance for your education – visit the MMI website and apply for scholarships today!